Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Enable rotation of selected components in a sketch while updating constraints accordingly

Being a developer engineer and a maker, many of my projects are being developed as I sketch, sometimes I import copied lines from another sketch, and sometimes I simply realize that the position I chose for a component is better to be in another orientation, allowing to rotate selected components within a sketch while updating its constraints (horizontal, vertical) to the 'new' desired rotating will be huge for me.

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,530 PRO
    The "transform" sketch tool overrides constraints to let you rotate you selection. 
    Another option is to use a mate connector for you sketch (instead of a plane/face), this way you can rotate the mate connector to change the "horizontal" direction of the sketch to whatever you want.
  • Options
    ofer_libermanofer_liberman Member Posts: 16
    The "transform" sketch tool overrides constraints to let you rotate you selection. 
    Another option is to use a mate connector for you sketch (instead of a plane/face), this way you can rotate the mate connector to change the "horizontal" direction of the sketch to whatever you want.
    Thank you Eric,
    Found it, it seems to do exactly what I was referring to and then some more.