Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hole Table Identifier Overcrowding

Bryan_JonesBryan_Jones Member Posts: 3 PRO
Is there some way to get OnShape to automatically avoid placing hole identifiers on drawing lines?  Most of my hole table drawings require a great deal of manipulation to move the identifiers away from lines and other drawing features.  Other than that it is quite a handy function!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    edited October 2022
    @Bryan_Jones I created a support ticket for this as well and tied you to an improvement.

Currently there is not a smart/automatic avoidance of other geometry around the hole for hole tags in drawing views.  Would you want some of these tags to have leaders on them in situations where there is too much geometry immediately around the hole and the space is too crowded with other holes nearby?  

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
    This is a common problem for me as well. Can you add me to the ticket?