Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Isometric views in drawings

colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
When creating a drawing you are supposed to see two options:  no views or 4 views.  I am only able to choose the no views option, which allows you to add your own views.  For some reason, the "4 views" option is greyed out when I go to create a drawing, regardless of what template I select.  When I try and insert views of a part or assembly into a drawing, I cannot add any isometric views.  only options are front, back, right etc.

Comments

• Options
    cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    When creating a drawing you are supposed to see two options:  no views or 4 views.  I am only able to choose the no views option, which allows you to add your own views.  For some reason, the "4 views" option is greyed out when I go to create a drawing, regardless of what template I select.  When I try and insert views of a part or assembly into a drawing, I cannot add any isometric views.  only options are front, back, right etc.
    @colin_daly

To get the "4 views" option you have to right click a part in a part studio and choose "Create drawing of ... "  so Onshape knows which part in the Document you want a drawing of. 

Isometric views are created with the Projected view command.  You can project off the front view for example to create an isometric.
  • Options
    shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    colin_daly, you can try to creat isometric view by "Auxiliary view"

1102.gif 318.4K
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @colin_daly , You can use "projected view" option also for making isometric view as shown in below video along with "Auxiliary view" as shown by @cody_armstrong.

• Options
    colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
    thank you guys!