Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
I noticed some things that seem to be inconsistent or incomplete in the documentation for BSplineCurve.
- "For non-periodic curves with
ncontrol points, you may provide the full set of
n + degree + 1knots, or you may provide
n - degree + 1knots, and multiplicity will by padded onto the ends (which has the effect of clamping the spline to its two endpoints)." It seems like this has to be n + degree + 1 or it fails.
- In theory a B-Spline can be a series of G0 or even G-1 connected curves, but OpCreateBSplineCurve requires "The spline must have dimension of 3 and be G1-continuous." I honestly don't have much use for G0 or G-1 B-Splines, but I wonder why this was left out.
- BSplineCurve allows a dimension of 2, so what is that used for if OpCreateBSplineCurve requires a dimension of 3?