Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is it possible to name certain dimensions for configurations rather than the default?

When using configurations that have multiple instances in one sketch, it would be helpful to have them be distinct names that could be set. I know that when you hover over the values in the table that it will highlight them, but I would also like to be able to quickly see it in the table, especially as a part gets more complex. 

Examples of Names: Overall Length, Overall Width, Arm Length, Arm Width, Gear Width
I understand that you can name the inputs when you "Add configuration input" or edit the top level name (in my pictured example, "Configuration"), but in this instance I need each configured part to have all of the values predetermined rather than having to select each combination. It would be great to know what the values correspond to as actual parts.

Best Answer

• Options
    tim_hesstim_hess Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I know it would be an extra step, but could you drive those dimensions with variables and then configure the variables? Wouldn't that show the variable names in the table?

Answers