Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

translation including all pages in a drawing from API

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 804 PRO
For the time being, I need to use an image format when doing my drawing translation through the api.  I am noticing that only the first sheet is being translated.  This makes sense being an image file.  I am not able to figure out how to create a translation of the other pages.  I'm thinking there must be a way to loop through the available sheets and create a translation for each one?  I see the parameter sheetIndices[] and I am not sure if that is what I need to use some how.  I also do not know how to query the drawing to see how many sheets it contains.  This doesn't seem to be included in a metadata call.

Answers

• Options
    sjalifesjalife Member, Developers Posts: 24 PRO
    Did you get this figured out?

• Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 804 PRO
    @sjalife
    I did.  Thanks for asking.  It was clarified to me that we cannot translate all the sheets when using an image format translation.  So, I have just switched to using the .pdf option.  We have an app that creates a MFG package of all the info needed to build a certain product.  The app sends everything to a template api to generate a printable report.  I need to send the drawings as images for them to be added into the report.  I have just implemented another file conversion api that converts the .pdf sheets to individual .png images and then I use those in the template api.  I actually like it better because we then get to file away a proper .pdf drawing which is nice when needed to access the drawing on the fly without having to wait for the onshape doc to load.  I am using convertAPI for this file conversion.  It works very good and returns an array of the sheet images in .base64 which I then upload into our file system along with the base64 pdf.  If I restarted, I would probably use cloudConvert.  I think it is a little cheaper and it looks like you can connect it directly to your file system and have the conversion directly dropped in.