Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Master model derived master sketch to be used for more than one feature

kristof_onghenakristof_onghena Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hello,

I hope i'm in the right place for this...
I'm following the master model fundamentals in learning center but I stumbled upon a problem using derived sketches. When I use a derived sketch contour for a feature, the used sketch geometry becomes construction lines. So I can't use it for another feature. I hope i didn't miss something obvious...

According to the learning center this should be possible: 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b19e93ede32f495d118c77bf/w/ecb8cbb41230037d9ddb440a/e/5dce434d8b60c727fc3741dc?renderMode=0&uiState=637b72d72e94ce48bd50acea

Thank you,

Kristof 

Best Answer

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    Answer ✓

Hi @kristof_onghena,

By default, the extrude feature will hide the sketch entities once you have used them. In this case, it is probably hiding the "Derived" feature in your feature tree. There is a little "eye" icon if you hover over the feature, clicking this will toggle the visibility of that feature. 

Don't forget to set your extrude to "Add", and finish selecting the other faces to extrude. You can select entities behind other entities by repeatedly pressing "~" key on your keyboard:

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    Answer ✓

Hi @kristof_onghena,

By default, the extrude feature will hide the sketch entities once you have used them. In this case, it is probably hiding the "Derived" feature in your feature tree. There is a little "eye" icon if you hover over the feature, clicking this will toggle the visibility of that feature. 

Don't forget to set your extrude to "Add", and finish selecting the other faces to extrude. You can select entities behind other entities by repeatedly pressing "~" key on your keyboard:

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    kristof_onghenakristof_onghena Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Thanks a lot!