Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Scaleable bounding box around unconstrained sketch entities (DXF)

mark_dutton343mark_dutton343 Member Posts: 14
I was wondering if I can import a DXF, then group all the entities and wrap them into a single bounding box (group all parts as a single entity), so I can use the DXF as a scaleable element in my drawing?

E.G. Say I want to embed a logo onto the lid of a box. I draw the box lid and then I want to put my logo onto the lid and play around with borders of the logo to place it. I may use the = constraint with construction lines to centre it, etc. 

Is this possible? I have tried to constrain the logo, but it has hundreds of points and it will take me an age to get it to the point where I can make it a useful element.

Comments