Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

show sketch in sheet metal flat pattern drawing

bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hello All,
I have a part that will be made from folded up cardboard, a decoration-the part is made using the sheet metal function. I will print the flat pattern drawing full size and glue it onto a sheet of cardboard, and then make the folds as needed. There is a sketch in the part model of some artwork which will be painted by hand on the part, and I would like to have this sketch show up in the flat pattern drawing. But trying to add/show the sketch in the drawing is not working-the preview shows up ok in the 'show/hide sketches' window, but it does not come thru in the flat pattern view. I've tried changing the view orientation (in case the sketch was on the far side), but it just does not show up. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a link to model?
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Did you place the sketch on the flat pattern or the 3D model? For a sketch to show in the flat pattern it has to be on the flat pattern not the 3D model.
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign