Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Configurable Planetary Gearset for holiday gifting

imants_smidchensimants_smidchens Member Posts: 62 EDU
Whipped up a quick configurable model for those in the holiday spirit - type in a name/string and this generates a print-in-place planetary gearset with that name patterned around it.
Gear-ate for a personalized gift! Customize your own here

-Stable for up to around a dozen characters, no guarantees beyond that :)
-Includes a hollow cavity for captive magnets to turn it into a fridge magnet (configurable dimensions)
-Groove around the outside is to tie a string around, turning it into a hang-able ornament
-Remember to do a color change for the last few layers
-Spinny results may vary - you might need to reduce flow factor in your slicer to prevent gears from fusing
-In PrusaSlicer, go to advanced settings and lower the slice gap closing radius to .02 or less (ensures gear teeth are printed cleanly) not sure if theres some

Happy printing!
Tagged:

Comments

• nax_lettenax_lette Member Posts: 5
    Wow that's really good design, Can we create same design on pop sockets, I know a site which can help us out with Popsockets as they create personalized popsockets check out this site

Wow that's really good design, Can we create same design on pop sockets, I know a site which can help us out with Popsockets as they create personalized popsockets check out this site

Whipped up a quick configurable model for those in the holiday spirit - type in a name/string and this generates a print-in-place planetary gearset with that name patterned around it.
    Gear-ate for a personalized gift! Customize your own here

-Stable for up to around a dozen characters, no guarantees beyond that :)
    -Includes a hollow cavity for captive magnets to turn it into a fridge magnet (configurable dimensions)
    -Groove around the outside is to tie a string around, turning it into a hang-able ornament
    -Remember to do a color change for the last few layers
    -Spinny results may vary - you might need to reduce flow factor in your slicer to prevent gears from fusing
    -In PrusaSlicer, go to advanced settings and lower the slice gap closing radius to .02 or less (ensures gear teeth are printed cleanly) not sure if theres some

Happy printing!

Wow that's really good design, Can we create same design on pop sockets, I know a site which can help us out with Popsockets as they create personalized popsockets check out this site
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    nax_lette said:
    Wow that's really good design, Can we create same design on pop sockets, I know a site which can help us out with Popsockets as they create personalized popsockets check out this site
    Seems that site is focused on phone holders - maybe this is a spam post?