Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I activate configurations in a subassembly from main assembly?

I have my pusher subassembly who has two configurations (extended/retracted). Now I have multiple pushers in my main assembly. Can I create a configuration in my main assembly that extends/retracts all pushers?
Sorry if this is a noob question... I tried to find the answer, but in vain...

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,497 PRO
    Just create a configuration in your top level with the extended/retracted configurations and "configure" the sub-assemblies accordingly.

Note that you can select all of them in the tree and right click => "Configure" (or "configure with... if you have more than one configuration input). Then change you top level configuration and right click => change configuration (with all of them selected) to do it quickly.

Note that depending what you are trying to achieve, the "named positions" (instead of configurations) might be a good option as well...
  • Options
    tim_hesstim_hess Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    This thread has a linked example of one way to set this up: Variable in Assembly - based on two Configuration Lists — Onshape