Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly Structure Noob

I have been on NX/UGII for 35 years, since retiring from Siemens, without a complementary copy of the software, I've been struggling with FreeCad and its assembly module. If you can call it that. 
I've been trying to use OnShape but the process is so different I don't know where to start... So my question is I have a bunch of FreeCad bodies that I can export a STEP assembly blob model containing all my parts. OR is it better to import single stand alone bodies? 
I don't know the workflow to use them after importing these, get them to where I can edit them, add to them, or design around them, reassemble them to prove my concept. 
My confusion is what's first with these imports?
Is there a workflow cheat sheet. LIKE:
1.) Import blob as separate bodies, or ??
2.) How to add them to the Studio, 
3.) Best practices using those imported bodies  
4.) ? help :-) 

Answers