Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mac / Chrome / SpaceMouse disconnections

david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
I'm using a Macbook Pro M1 Max with OSX 12.5.1 (21G83), Chrome 107.0.5304.110 and a SpaceMouse Wireless (connected with a USB cable), with the latest drivers (3Dconnexion Home app shows v1.2.2.307).

A few times a day, the 3D mouse stops working in Onshape. I've discovered it can be reactivated by running "3DxNLServer.app" then refreshing the browser tab.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any fixes? Perhaps there's an easier way for Onshape to rediscover the mouse without refreshing the browser tab?

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,366 PRO
    It’s not happening quite that often, but I have similar issues. 
  • Options
    joseph_lamoreejoseph_lamoree Member Posts: 2
    @david_brophy Thank you for this tip! This problem affects me about half the time I return to Google® Chrome® to resume work.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,366 PRO
    What I typically try first is to spin the Onshape model using my mouse, if my Spacenavigator doesn't start to work after that, I hit reload on the tab or window. Those two steps probably cover 90% of the issues. 

If that doesn't work, I'll restart the browser. It used to be that I would restart the 3DxNLServer.app a lot to fix things, but with the latest drivers and MacOS, I'm not running into that problem as much. Every now and then things are really screwed and I end up restarting my machine, but that hasn't happened in a long time.