Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Not sure what to do here...

jake_lee69jake_lee69 Member Posts: 2
I'm creating a design for 3d printing. I am done with the design and I go to color it the first figure and the second figure take the same color even though they have different extrusion sizes. in the screenshot you can see the black outline around all the letters but for some reason there is no black outline between the first and second figure which is what I think is messing it up. Also notice how in the bottom left there is only 3 parts, I need it to be in 4 obviously. I already tried to slice the part in two but that wont work.please help. 

Comments

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 381 PRO
    I expect that when you performed the second extrude the Add option was automatically selected. Right click on the second extrude and set the option to New and not Add, this will create a separate part and you should then have 4 parts in the part list.