Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Trim the part

youjin_kim779youjin_kim779 Member Posts: 8 EDU
Hello.

I am new to Onshape, I am struggling to cut out the outer part of my geometry. The red circled part of the geometry should be eliminated, but it is hard for me.
I tried to remove all the faces of the part, but the final face is connected to the whole part of the geometry, it is not able to be removed independently. Although I made the section with the sketch, I can't make the specific part to be isolated. 
Is there any one to help me to solve : "How can I split the one bundle of the part to remove the red colored parts?"

Looking forward to hearing from kind and smart users in here!
Many thanks in advance.

Best, Kim

Comments

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
    You could use the split tool and use the surface that the lugs are attached to as the spitting surface. It's a little tricky to tell without seeing the document. Could you share the file so we can take a closer look?

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
    Delete face should work fine on this too (use the "create selection" tool to make quick work of it). If you share the model we can take a closer look...
  • Options
    youjin_kim779youjin_kim779 Member Posts: 8 EDU
    Hello There, I searched "Split" function of Onshape document and it is now solved wel! Thanks anyways.