Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creating internal thread for M3 screw in non-flat surface

marco_h972marco_h972 Member Posts: 4
Hello everyone!
I'm new to CAD and just bought myself a 3D printer, I've made a knob that fits on my electric table grill and it went pretty smoothly. I am now trying to design a knob for my fan heater, I need the internal hole of the following document to have a thread that fits an M3 screw:

I have tried using the sweep tool with a helix curve but I was not able to get the desired result, could anyone please help me with this and talk me through on how to do it? I know the document is probably a mess, I would like every suggestion on where I can improve it and what I could do better and how to make that internal thread. Hope someone can help me with this, thank you in advance!

Answers