Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to align and/or center parts ?

john_trotto910john_trotto910 Member Posts: 2
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how Onshape wants me to align parts with one another.
Just simple things, like, lets say I have two rectangles, of different sizes, but I want to center them with each other on a certain direction.
Like align them side by side, centered. Or maybe one above the other, but centered.
I guess same goes with, what if I wanted one above the other, but aligned with each other on their left sides, instead of centered?
I see the Mate tool mentioned, but I cant seem to figure out how to use that at all.
Besides, the two P want to align, I may not want actually touching each other, I just need them aligned.

Comments