Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

create curve from two vertex and over defined surface

otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
Hello,
I am looking for a correct solution to solve this problem:
I have two vertexes that are part of a body(grey) and more specifically to the surface green, I could like to be able to recreate the edge highlighted by using only, the vertexes and the surface itself (without using the previously created edge).
I can achieve this by creating a bridging curve and matching the tagency to the original edge but this uses the original edge when what I am looking to do is create it.
something like this (in logic): having the two vertexes, the surface of the green cylinder from that two inputs, create a line that is placed over the surface of the cylinder and connects the two vertexes by the minimum distance.

best regards

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    I don't think there's going to be a clean solution to this since there are so many possible curves on the surface between those points. Here's one approach using a projected curve pulled to the face. It get's close, but I don't know how precise you need it to be.

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl