Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Display states/drawings update

I have a medium sized assembly with a seven page drawing detailing the parts. I have created a new part in the assembly which appears in the drawings messing up the drawings. The display states in the drawings are using display states for the various parts. I am not sure how to prevent new parts appearing in previous display states. Do I have to go through all the display states individually and hide the new part and update the display state? 

Answers

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,695 PRO
    edited January 2023

@Alexander_Morgan
    There is another way, incase you don't want to update each display state: 
    • Right click the drawing view of the assembly
    • Show / hide parts.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Alexander_MorganAlexander_Morgan Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Michael. That's helped, but it seems a very inefficient way of managing a large drawing when you are working top down and adding parts to a large assembly. I feel as though I am missing an important step that streamlines/smoothens this process because when I add a part to an assembly, some of the pages on the drawing go crazy with sections/parts of the drawings scattering themselves about the page. Do you really have to go through each display state hiding a new part?