Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Search doesn't work

scott_mullinscott_mullin Member Posts: 2
Hello,

The search function consistently returns zero results, and I'm learning that others on my team have the same problem. I can type in an exact model name, a substring, a letter, anything - no results. Do we have something configured incorrectly?

Cheers,
Scott

Comments

• Options
    Kyle_BurtKyle_Burt Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Hi Scott,

Our team often has the same issue.
    Sometimes, adding in search criteria by element type (Assembly, Drawing, etc.) or version/release can help find something, but seems rare.

It may not be of much/any help in your case, but most of us have take to searching a part number or name in our ERP system, finding the record for it, then clicking on the Onshape link from there to get us to what we need.

It really seems hit or miss, but I'd ballpark that 90-95% of my searches come back with no results in Onshape.