Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sometimes cannot select end of bend rad face in sheet metal move face

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 807 PRO
Sometimes I cannot select the end of a bend rad in a sheet metal part to use in a move face.  Below, you see I want to move the two faces together but the move face is only allowing the selection of the end flange face.  Sometimes though, I can select the bend rad end face and have it also move with the other selection.  I am trying to find reason to when I can and cannot select the rad end face.  Anyone know?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,512 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Interesting, if you are going to use a "move face" anyway, would it just make things easier if you started with a "full" flange? (assuming it doesn't display the same issue in that case). In any case, I would throw it over to support and see what they say...

Answers

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experience the same issue.
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    Yeah sheet metal does display "odd" behaviors sometimes (I would say it's generally the least predictable area of Onshape). If you move just the end face, can you then do a second move feature to bring the bend back up to the end? Not ideal but I have found I can usually get it there in a couple of steps instead of just one...
    Is this done as a "partial flange" (because I haven't done much sheet metal design since that was added so maybe that makes things worse?)
  • Options
    It was done as a partial flange.  I just divided up my flanges to have control over each partial flange parameters independently.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Interesting, if you are going to use a "move face" anyway, would it just make things easier if you started with a "full" flange? (assuming it doesn't display the same issue in that case). In any case, I would throw it over to support and see what they say...
  • Options
    Yes, I do think having just started with move faces would have been cleaner then two flange features.