Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a way to move part 2 up in the channel of part 1. I seem stuck there.

carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
I designed part 2 on the wrong hinge point so I need to bring part 2 up in the channel of part 1 like 10 mm but it seems I am stuck. I need it to match up at the bottom hole on part 2
 Do I have to start part 2 over? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Hello Carlos. I accomplished the move you desire using the Transform tool. Specifically Transform by Line option. I went back to sketch 7 and added a vertical line the length of the distance between the centers of the two circles you had already sketched. Then using the Transform tool I was able to select that line as the distance to move part 2.

The workflow I would have used is to insert the two parts into an assembly. That enables flexibility in your design. In the assembly you can use mate connectors to maneuver parts. For instance you could have placed mate connector(s) on either or both holes of part 2 and on the hole of part 1. From there you could use the Revolute mate using the mate connectors you created on the parts.
    Additionally you could skip placing mate connectors on the two parts beforehand and go right to the Revolute mate. While in that tool if you move your cursor over the hole on part 1 you will see an image of the (implicit) mate connector icon displayed in the hole. Moving your cursor along that hole the icon will move the icon to the center or either end. When the icon is where you want it click the left mouse button.
    Move you cursor to the hole you want in part 2 and do the same. Click the green check mark to accept.
    Now, in the assembly, you can grab part 2 and rotate it with the axis of rotation being the mate connectors Z axis. You may find it helpful to Fix part1 first by right clicking on it and select Fix. That will anchor part 1 while you fool around with part 2 to see the results of your design.

- Scotty
  • Options
    carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Thank you so much. you left me astounded. Awesome. I am still learning part studio, assembly is really cool and new to me. Thank you. I have a lot to learn. Thank you again! :)