Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can Features (or a folder of features) Be Turned Off and On as Needed?

I'm modeling a hard camera case. The camera needs to rest on surfaces precisely. I've measured as precisely as possible, but when I put the actual camera into a test print, the camera blocks view of the support surfaces, and prevents verification of fit.

My solution is to cut windows into a test print so I can view/measure fit. Then I will remove the windows and print the real thing. I would like this design to be compatible with multiple models though, and don't want to go through a cycle of deleting and re-making these view windows for every fit.

So, I want to be able to select a set of drawing(s) and extrude-remove features, and disable or re-enable them depending on whether I am doing a test or real print of the case.

Is this currently supported?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers