Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

On October 14th I posted a request for help with a font problem.... but no response - no help

What do I need to do to resolve a problem with the pdf fonts in the help documents?  When I open the help files some of the fonts are so big that the letters take up a quarter of the page and the overlap each other - so I cannot read the help documents.

rather than copying the example again,  please see my request for help on October 14th.

TIA ( I hope!)

Dave H

Answers

• dave_halsethdave_halseth Member Posts: 4
    Ok,  after making this post I tried to go back to my request of Oct 14th, but I couldn't find it, but I found the pdf of the example of what happens when I try to open a pdf.    Go to ~ page 25, fore example.
    I hope this works this time.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5022071/uploads/editor/ji/pv2hp6x9pjnt.pdf
  • dave_halsethdave_halseth Member Posts: 4
    By the way,  when I added the information ( the entry at 1:10 AM ) it automatically changed the status of my request to "Answered."  Is there any way that I can toggle the status back to "unanswered" ?
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi Dave. Your fastest route to help is to use the "Feedback" button in Onshape and open a support ticket. 

I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue, but I definitely see what you are talking about from your PDF. Going to "Help in PDF Format" (https://cad.onshape.com/help/PDF/Onshape.pdf), things look fine for me. My guess is that you have a problem with your local fonts. Regardless, open up a support ticket and we can try to sort this out.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    When I open the  pdf linked to in the OP's second post, I see the same messed up fonts he reports
    That's on a Windows 7 machine, Chrome browser.
    @andrew_troup - What about opening the link in my post above?
    I can't reproduce this on Windows 8 and Chrome. I don't have Windows 7 handy.
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @andrew_troup - What about opening the link in my post above?
    That works fine for me.
    I didn't realise the first link I opened had been re-saved by the OP - I assumed (presumably wrongly?) that it was still the Onshape original.
    I wonder if he is using some 3rd party pdf software, rather than Adobe Acrobat Pro version, or whatever has replaced it (whose name I prefer to forget)
    I do recognise there have been major problems on occasion with both of these, too
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    By the way,  when I added the information ( the entry at 1:10 AM ) it automatically changed the status of my request to "Answered."  Is there any way that I can toggle the status back to "unanswered" ?
    By many of us, it will be still considered as unanswered until you pick best answer(s) and color changes to green.

I remember your original post and I can see your problem then and now (chromebook&chrome).
    What is your operating system, browser and pdf reader? Where did you download the pdf? Did you try to dl again?

@john_rousseau 's link seems to work fine for me.

//rami