Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Simscale and Onscale import from Onshape - project list missing?

Hello, it used to be different, once upon a time...

When I "Import from Onshape" into these Apps, the folder tree is empty. In the case of OnScale, if I search for just a single letter (without <CR>), the project names that contain that letter will show up in a folder.
I didn't do exactly the same test in Simscale, but it worked the same with 2 letters.

I'm using a Mac, latest OS update.

It's the same behavior in Chrome and Safari.

Screenshots below, hopefully.

Onscale: initially nothing, then type "f" and a Document folder appears, which I can expand to see 3 projects that contain the letter f.
Simscale: also, initially nothing, then type "in" for some onshore documents to appear.

I remember the behavior seemed to be different before (I'm not a consistent user of FEA). The two things in common are *Mac, and *Onshape.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Comments

• Options
    ashwah1993ashwah1993 Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Hi David, There is been some change in the OnScale/ Onshape Import API backend and this is why you can only look up the part/assembly name in the search box at the moment. Our dev team is aware of the issue and is working on updating the API. Thank you for your patience. -Ahmad