Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a custom feature for setting tesselation?

eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
Tesselation quality can be configured but is done through "configured properties" so is a pain to setup for configurable/multi part part studios (have to setup every configuration permutation for each part)...

I was wondering if it could be controlled through a custom feature (similar to how the "part color" custom feature is a much better way of applying colors to parts than using the standard method...).
I figured I'd ask here before going through the process of trying to create a custom feature for it!

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    Not sure, but I don't see where you might change that with FS. Let me know if you find it!
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
    I did try a setProperty with "propertyType" : PropertyType.TESSELLATION_QUALITY,

But that doesn't exist so I guess that's a no!