Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Stream Deck Icon Library for Onshape

edy80yedy80y Member Posts: 5
edited March 2023 in General
Hi,

For those who have (or thinking about getting) a Stream Deck, I've put together a library of icons in case anyones needs/wants it to build shortcuts (see attached).

I use them for folders (sketch and assembly) and hotkeys (show/hide planes, extrude, fillet, front view, back view etc).

I've compiled more icons than there are actual shortcuts but i'm optimistic that one day we'll be able to map the rest.

I'm relatively new to Onshape so there may be more icons to grab, please let me know especially if they have shortcuts to use with them.

Anyways, here's the link the Onshore help page for shortcuts, use them to map your hot keys: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/shortcut_keys.htm

And here's how I've configured my Stream Deck.

The onshape logo is a website function and opens up the app in your browser.

The sketch icon above is used for a folder, and the hotkeys for the default keyboard shortcuts can be found within.

And the same for assembly

enjoy!

Comments

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
    I had to look this up...

https://www.elgato.com/en/stream-deck-mk2

There are a bunch of LCD button controllers which can be customized to look how you want and trigger the actions you want.

So the frustrating thing is I don't think there is a way to trigger anything which doesn't have an official Onshape keyboard shortcut. Am I missing something?

Still very interesting.

• edy80yedy80y Member Posts: 5
    You are correct, so far I only use Stream Deck buttons for the shortcuts that currently exist in Onshape (as per my screen shots), but I've build a larger library of (icons of) functions in anticipation that some day they'll be assigned with a shortcut or when custom shortcuts become available.
  • caden_armstrongcaden_armstrong Member, User Group Leader Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    @S1mon
    If you want to create a stream deck button for any feature, its possible.
    You can create more complex mappings that do a series of button presses, so you can combine the feature search (alt-c) and then have the name of the feature typed out, and the enter key pressed.

@edy80y this is awesome! but I think you forgot to add the link to the icon pack...
  • GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 100
    @caden_armstrong yes that's exactly the trick I've been using - initially via keyboard macro control with Synapse on my (now defunct) Razer laptop. I've been playing with this recently: 

The Sparkfun Qwiic Pro micro USB-C with the ATmega32U4 is easily programmed to send whatever keystrokes (including the ALT-C trick). I've been experimenting with the various inputs as seen in the photo.  The 4 keys in a row are my standard views, the buttons and joystick are secret works-in-process 🕵️
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    edited March 2023

Using the Alt + C trick from @GregBrown, you can use macros to start any feature.

I use these to get it done:
    Place the .ahk file in your startup apps. Then you will be able to use these hotkeys combined with your Stream Deck. How it works is it opens up the Onshape search bar with Alt + C, then it enters the name of the feature, then presses enter.

Here is the hotkey example script I currently use, see the attached zip or the code below, you will need AutoHotkeys in order to run them:

; This script was created using Pulover's Macro Creator

; www.macrocreator.com

;Key commands

;

;Shift ^

;Alt !

;Ctrl +

#NoEnv

SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

SendMode Input

#SingleInstance Force

SetTitleMatchMode 2

#WinActivateForce

SetControlDelay 1

SetWinDelay 0

SetKeyDelay -1

SetMouseDelay -1

SetBatchLines -1

^!t::

table:

Send, {LAlt Down}{c}{LAlt Up}

Send, table

Send, {Enter}

Return

^!d::

derive:

Send, derive

Send, {Enter}

Return

^!m::

measurevalue:

Send, {LAlt Down}{c}{LAlt Up

Send, measurevalue

Send, {Enter}

Return

^!b::

boolean:

Send, boolean

Send, {Enter}

Return

^!f::

freeformspline:

Send freeform spline

Send, {Enter}

Return

^!L::

linearPattern:

Send linearPattern

Send, {Enter}

Return

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • edy80yedy80y Member Posts: 5
    @caden_armstrong  sorry I thought it was attached the first time.  Please try now.

• thomas_hanley187thomas_hanley187 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.  But I am just starting out with both OnShape and the Stream deck.  I downloaded the 2 zip files, but I'm not sure how to get the hot keys or the icons assigned to the buttons in the stream deck. is there a good tutorial for getting your setup (or one like it) working that I can watch on YouTube or something?  Thanks!
  • Dean_YeazelDean_Yeazel Member Posts: 2 PRO
    I know this thread is a little old, but...

I've attached a profile for the 3x5 StreamDeck with the functions I use most.
    Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.  But I am just starting out with both OnShape and the Stream deck.  I downloaded the 2 zip files, but I'm not sure how to get the hot keys or the icons assigned to the buttons in the stream deck. is there a good tutorial for getting your setup (or one like it) working that I can watch on YouTube or something?  Thanks!