Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

AI to create a 3D object from a single image

emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in General
Did you know about this??
https://lukemelas.github.io/realfusion/

The code will be released by Friday, March 10.
https://github.com/lukemelas/realfusion
Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                     Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común

Comments

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Amazing what can be done with a picture.

Around the early to mid 1990s, I was learning a program called Electric Image (Electric Image Animation System). Exploring if I wanted to use it in a business endeavor.

That program had a feature where you could take a 2D picture, and I can’t remember the exact process, but I think all I had to do was draw some four sided irregular polygons outlining the walls of a building within the picture, and that told the program the perspective info of that picture. And that was enough for the program to come up with a short clip of a camera moving through that scene the same as a drone with a mounted camera would fly through a scene.

It did not render out some cartoon looking video. It looked like film being taken out in the country, or between some buildings within the city. It looked real

Granted, these were very short clips. But nonetheless — flat out amazing

In this case with Electric Image, short film clips of movement through a lifelike simulation of the real world, from a 2D picture