Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Public Document License?

HempsteadHempstead Member Posts: 1
I am considering publishing all my F16 parts 3D models, http://www.hempstick.org/The_Official_Hempstick_Site/Flight_Sim_3D_Models.html, on OnShape, as a lot of my users (or potential users) don't have access to SolidWorks. I read through the FAQ, which says that I can put additional restrictions on the public documents I publish. But I cannot find anywhere to do so. Am I missing something obvious?

All my models are currently published under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial International V.4. Without being able to specify a license with published documents, I am unable to stick to license I am comfortable with when publishing my models on OnShape.

Put it another way. What exactly is the license agreement when I publish my models as public documents on OnShape? And how do I specify one, or is it allowed to specify a different license?

Comments

• Options
    noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    edited November 2015
    Hi @jonah_tsai , you might find this post by @dan_shore helpful. 
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    stevehessstevehess Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 98
    edited November 2015
    @jonah_tsai, should you move ahead with your plans to migrate your F16 models to Onshape please post about your experience here.  We are very interested in the role the public model will play going forward and would love to stay informed on your progress.  @bobminer

Steve Hess \ Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    gzgz Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    It kind of seems like there should be immutable tabs or something that ride along with every copied document (not by the owner) in Onshape for attaching licenses and making sure the licenses stick with the copies, in cases for licenses where stuff like that matters.