Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Generate drawing from subset of parts in an assembly

michael_kaiser_crossmichael_kaiser_cross Member Posts: 4
Is it possible to generate a drawing from a subset of parts in an assembly? I'd like to be able to create a drawing where I can see how two parts connect by placing them in the same drawing. However I can't figure out how to add multiple parts with losing the mate connections. I'd rather not have to create a second assembly and redo the mates to achieve this but was hoping instead for some kind of "select parts from assembly to insert" list in the dialog when inserting a part in the drawing. For context I am building a frame out of aluminum and need to know where to drill holes for T-joins so I need both pieces of the extruded square tubing in the same drawing.

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    Sounds like "Display States" in the assembly do what you need. You should be able to choose a display state when inserting the assembly view in a drawing, so you can use that to choose which parts show up.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl