Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Version comparison broken?

T_birdT_bird Member Posts: 3 PRO
Hi,

As of late I've had a lot of issues with version comparison. Each time I try to do it onshape freezes and I end up having to force quit firefox.

I'm on mozilla firefox, MacOS Monterey 12.3, M1 Pro, 16GB.

Has anyone had similar experiences as of late?

Comments

• BenTaylorBenTaylor Member Posts: 43 PRO
    I've had the same issue where comparing versions (and a couple things in simulation) crashes Chrome and Firefox on a Mac. I contacted support about this in October and they identified it as a bug, but they still haven't fixed it. It does work fine on Safari, though.
    Ben Taylor
    Lead Mechanical Engineer @ Healing Innovations
    Onshape Ambassador
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    I'm guessing it is graphics related. Trying to display connections in the simulation mode only works with really simple parts.
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    @BenTaylor
    Image if we had to wait over a year for fixes to be made like some other software packages I know of(cough solidWorks).  Or just never fixed cause the tech support couldn't figure out a way to prove it existed even though screen recording after screen recorded had been supplied to them and 5 years later still the bug was causing problems(cough hmm still solidWorks).  Problems caused by the interaction of a controlled system and one that they can't control(client side systems) definitaly take longer to solve.