Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why can I not loft my half Hull ?

steven_mcardlesteven_mcardle Member Posts: 13
Hi
I'm using the free version of onshape to try out the drawing features compared to FeeCAD that I have been using.

At the moment I'm trying to loft out a half hull for a boat consisting of 3 sketches but I keep getting a red line that I can't find the answer to resolve.
It seems for some reason I cannot fully constrain splines and in my sketch3 I even have a solid line that says it's not fully constrained even though it has a length and is constrained to the origin.

Below is a screen shot showing the lofting issue I have.

If anybody know why I get this your help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Phillip_BPhillip_B Member Posts: 33 PRO
    I would recommend working with surfaces here first instead of creating a solid directly by selecting the Surface tab at the top of the feature.
  • Options
    Thanks for that.

Another question... How can I now make the loft a solid. My transom half does not seem to be filled so I have a nice surface on the half hull but the transom is not filled.

If however, I mirror the half hull, then the mirrored transom half IS solid.

See in image

• Options
    Phillip_BPhillip_B Member Posts: 33 PRO
    Use the fill feature to fill the open end. Inside the fill feature dialog you can choose "add" and onshape would automatically create a solid when there are no open surfaces.
  • Options
    Thanks again.

I had already sorted this out. Couldn't find a withdraw post option here though.

I knew I had seen a video regarding this on Youtube at some point so went looking. Now my bare hull is pretty much done.

Regards
    Steve