Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dopped or Lost NOTEs in Drawing

I don't have any support images to go with this, but I had my drawing printed out one day, I came back the following day to make an adjustment, and several (but not all) of the notes I had in the title block vanished. I simply recreated those notes to get my work done. But why did they disappear?

Comments

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 697
    @david_stafford
     Could you please submit this via Feedback in product , share document, if possible, dates of when the notes were initially added, if you remember, any other details you can remember? Thank you.
  • Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    This looks very critical problem. The best way to address such issues is to send the ticket using feedback tool as given below.

It will also allow you to share your document with Onshape support team as below.

You will get notification mail from Onshape immediately with ticket details and status.
  • Options
    david_stafforddavid_stafford Member Posts: 3
    I will look for this to happen again. I will submit as you suggest if I see it again. So far it has only been the one time.
    Thank you for your quick response.
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if the following applies to drawings, but it is certainly worth bearing in mind for problems with models (part studios and assemblies)

Because of the unique way Onshape captures everything which changes, in each document, in perpetuity, you actually do not need to "catch it in the act" of misbehaving: if you share the model with support, and briefly describe what went wrong, they should be able to do their forensic investigation on the model history.