Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I integrate a slide controll to configurate values of parameters

michael_quaschningmichael_quaschning Member Posts: 2
Hello :)
Im looking for a tool or even a feature Script code which allows me to integrate a slide controll.
I want to build a overlay on which u can configurate your part by moving the slide controll.
Is there any Feature in Onshape through which this is possible?

Thanks for your answers

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO

@michael_quaschning
    Currently, Onshape doesn't offer sliders within the feature parameters. There is a final preview slider on some features, but I'm not sure how Onshape uses this. It may be possible to override it and use it for your own feature, but I haven't been able to.

As a work around, you could use a manipulator in the graphics area that you slide back and forth. This could be cool.

What specifically would you like to control with the sliders?

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,387 PRO
    The other lower tech solution is to use a configuration variable. You can then use your mouse wheel to dial up/down a value and watch the model update.

Another low tech solution: make an early sketch with a line which is partially constrained. Make a measurement variable which checks the length of the line, and use that variable to drive whatever other features you want. Edit that line sketch and use the final button, and you can drag the length of the line around like a slider.

I'd love to see config variables expanded to add sliders. If you can write your own featurescript, then @MichaelPascoe's suggestion of using a manipulator is a good way to go.
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO

@S1mon, sketch sliders, that's genius!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎