Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

On Shape Section 508 Accessibility Compliance

paul_wanishpaul_wanish Member Posts: 8 EDU
Accessibility and ADA compliance is very important to School Districts, as government agencies.
"ptc" has listed Creo, Windchill, Arbortext, ThingWorx Navigate, each as completing the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT).
Did I miss On Shape, they don't comply or it's on the way (when)???

Comments

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Onshape is currently working with a highly-respected institution to audit our accessibility and provide a VPAT. It's coming soon.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    Thanks John. We're a district of 35K pupils, so enabling On Shape to the students is dependent on this.
    Thank COVID for digitally enable ALL students equally with Chromebooks, and strong push for STEM (and VEX).
    Can you sign up to be (e-mail) notified??
  • Options
    Thanks John. We're a district of 35K pupils, so enabling On Shape to the students is dependent on this.
    Thank COVID for digitally enable ALL students equally with Chromebooks, and strong push for STEM (and VEX).
    Can people sign up to be (e-mail) notified?? (You do so much to extend On Shape, I'm afraid I'll miss it!!!!) :)
  • Options
    AlexMaassAlexMaass Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Onshape is currently working with a highly-respected institution to audit our accessibility and provide a VPAT. It's coming soon.
    Are they going to add dark mode? It's a pretty basic accessibility feature that is still not provided, people have been requesting it for years.