Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creating a class group

I have signed on as an instructor and am wondering how I can sign up my 12 students.
Can I create a class with the free Edu version or will I have to upgrade?
Can each student create their own account and use it to learn CAD?

Comments

• Options
    Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    Hi @stephen_coggin

Classes and Assignments specific Onshape functionality is only available in the paid education enterprise version. You can see the differences between the free Education Standard plan and the Education Enterprise plan and contact us for a demo if you are interested here.

However, you can definitely still run your class using the free Education Standard plan. Have each student sign up for the plan here. You can organize your class/classes into teams to make it easy to distribute work and then have students share their finished work back with you.

If you haven't already, I recommend taking a look at this short course for teachers on how to Teach a Class in Onshape. It goes over some logistics of how to organize and assess student work using the free Standard Education plan. We also have a free curriculum geared towards teaching students new to cad called Intro to CAD that you might want to checkout too.