Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

[HELP] Search tabs - returning any result instead of exact result

Connor_LeCLaireConnor_LeCLaire Member Posts: 18 PRO
Hello,

I've been trying to find a way to search through the tabs of documents to get exact matches to my query instead of any match. For instance if I search "5/32", it returns items that have 5/32 in the name but also 5/32 in order with any number of letters, numbers, or symbols in between. Here are some of the results the search tabs query returns:

BEARING, THRUST, 5/8IN ID, 1IN OD, 1/8ION THK, WATER RESISTANT, MCM 7532K56
BEARING, SLEEVE, FLANGED, 5/8IN ID, 7/8IN OD, 1/2IN L, PE-REINFORCED PTFE, MCM 1523N25

How can I get this to stop and only return items that have 5/32 without any spaces, numbers, letter, symbols, hieroglyphs, or other things in the search term. I've already tried surrounding with double quotes, single quotes, brackets, etc. I don't care if there are other things in the name, but I want 5/32 not "5xxxx /xxxx 3xx2", something like "xxxxxxxxxxx5/32xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is fine.

Also it would be worth looking into to making this "any result" an option of the search, but exact matches the default in a future update if the any result way is the default now.