Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Straight + curved slot

ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
I need to build a slot like in the picture below. I built it using a straight line and a curve. Now, when I do the tangent feature. it only allows me to select either the straight line or the curve, but I need both to be used as the tangent path. Is there any way to "join" the line and the curve?

Comments

• Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 197 PRO
    By "tangent feature" do you mean the tangent mate in an assembly?  If you select "tangent propagation" and if the edges are indeed tangent, Onshape will treat it as a continuous slot.

• ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
    Thank you Matt. Yes, I meant tangent Mate. Will try also the tangent propagation. It should work as your example.