Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Internal threads - Identification

Dean_GardnerDean_Gardner Member Posts: 88 PRO
There appears to be no way of telling what holes are threaded or just plain.  Is there a way onshape characterises internal threads generated with the hole tool?  Usually most CAD tools will either create curves (at the thread diameter) on the end face or a sheet through the part.  It doesn't seem that there is any way of distinguishing a threaded hole from a normal hole in onshape.  Have I missed something, as this seems fairly fundamental, hopefully it's just me.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,368 PRO
    For holes, you can view the hole table which helps somewhat, but overall I agree the experience is lacking.

vote here:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/20411/actual-cosmetic-threads#latest
  • Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen in other software a default thread color is used for tap holes.
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    Dean_GardnerDean_Gardner Member Posts: 88 PRO
    Even if you could toggle on and off for an actual thread - that would be awesome! I think having the option for actual threads and cosmetic threads (lower processor) alternative would be fantastic.  I know that other cad packages cut actual female threads - which i sometimes left on or 3D printing! It seemed to work a treat.  Also, great for design reviews and renderings - when non technicals are in the meeting.