Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! DRAWINGS STALLING OUT

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 802 PRO
Happens a lot while creating and editing properties on lots of drawings.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    Are you noticing any trends causing this? meaning size/complexity of drawing, size of document, or specific features? Asking to try and prevent/avoid this for us in the future.
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • Options
    Always seems like it starts misbehaving after working for more than 30mins in a workspace, duplicating drawings, changing properties and reference configs.  At some point its like the system just can't taking anymore and has to pause.
  • Options
    Pattabi_KakumanuPattabi_Kakumanu Member Posts: 39 PRO
    @shawn_crockerI have encountered a similar issue in the past, and I believe it may be due to the complexity of the document. From your video, I can see that you have many drawing tabs stored in the document. I suggest splitting it up and checking if the performance improves.
  • Options
    It would improve I think.  I don't usually see this type of stalling out when the workspace has much fewer drawings.  For what I am doing in this specific case, once everything is created and released, the benefit of having all these drawings of different configs of the same model in one space will out weigh this temporary frustration.  I bring this issue up mainly cause I was having a bit of a moment and because I'm thinking it shouldn't be normal for qty of drawing tabs to bring the doc down like this.  I can see many drawings that have been visited in a short span of time overloading the browsers ram usage or something because once opened, drawings seem to load in the browser cache.  When you go back to one you already opened, it opens up very fast compared to the initial opening.  What feels out of sorts to me for this type of issue is that the stalling out seems deeper into the document.  Refreshing the browser still brings back the same issue.  Navigating to other workspaces without any drawings seem to work fine.  It feels like something under the hood with drawings.  And, this feels linked to another issue where under unknown conditions, a drawing will not complete loading in annotations that are linked to geometry properties.  You can see in the drawings that they seem to be working fine except they seem to not be able to load past that last step where the annotations get resolved.  I often(much less these days) have drawings opening up and have the annotations not resolve.  Sometime refreshing a bunch gets they to come in, sometimes not.  Even when getting a translation through the API, sometimes drawings come out with red annotations.