Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Not able to find mid point

hank_debeyhank_debey Member Posts: 31
There is something I am missing in the "Understanding Curves" tutorial. In the tutorial, https://learn.onshape.com/learn/course/understanding-curves/sketch-splines/exercise-tracing-a-sketch-picture?page=2, at Step 2, it instructs to "Add a midpoint contraint between the top construction line and the Origin".

So far I have not been able to find the midpoint of the top construction line. This is a link to a YouTube video showing my efforts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyH5AagPRIE

Can someone help me out to learn how to find the midpoint of the image rectangle? 

Comments

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    You want the coincident constraint. Then select the midpoint of line then the origin to bring them together at the midpoint of the rectangle.
  • hank_debeyhank_debey Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for your suggestion. I tried selecting  but I am still unable to find the midpoint of the image rectangle. 

Step 3 of the tutorial says to add a midpoint constraint but that doesn't work either. Do you or someone else see what I might be doing wrong?

• hank_debeyhank_debey Member Posts: 31
    Can someone please try this to see if you get the same result that I am getting.

Import an image and make the midpoint of the image's rectangle coincident with the origin. I have not been able to find any midpoint snap for the image's rectangle.
  • wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    @hank_debey
     Just watched your screen recording. When you select the midpoint constraint tool it knows what you are trying to do so just select the origin and the line, it will take care of the rest. No need to look for the midpoint of the line.