Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is it possible to rotate 90 degrees normal to the screen with a single click?

hank_debeyhank_debey Member Posts: 31
As I transition from Fusion 360 to OnShape, I find a control for viewing that could be advantageous for OnShape users and maybe it exists but I haven't found it.

In 360, a single click on a View Cube arrow will rotate the view normal to the screen 90 degrees. Using OnShape, I find that I need to click 6 times to accomplish the same rotation. Does anyone know of a preference I can change or other control that will accomplish a 90 degree rotation with a single click?

Here is a short video to show what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/kVgEoLjPMAQ 

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,368 PRO
    Not exactly, but these shortcuts are super useful:

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,515 PRO
    There is no option for that but you can use the "n" key shortcut to get there quickly: rotate the view roughly where you want it and "mouse over" the plane you want to be normal to and hit "n". It will snap to the "closest" aligned orientation:

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
    edited April 2023
    Follow Eric's suggestion and then "n" again will flip it 180