Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Trouble making indentations on both sides of flat surface

john_doe639john_doe639 Member Posts: 4
I'm trying to make something that is basically a flat surface with some indentations on both sides, so if you looked at one side of the surface, you'd see bumps and dents.  Each bump would have a corresponding dent on the other side. I found this thread https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/10382/indentation but after many tries, I can't repeat the example provided.  Could someone walk me through the steps?

Answers

• Options
    wout_theelen541wout_theelen541 Member, csevp Posts: 198 PRO
    If you're trying to do the exact same thing as in that link I would suggest just using the roll up bar and just going feature by feature, if make your part on a branch of the same part studio you should be able to use the compare tool if you have doubts if it's a match. If you're unfamiliar with the tools I would suggest doing some of the courses in the learning center particularly the ones on surface modeling. If you can get access to a second screen it would help immensely so you don't have to go back and forth which should clear up a lot of questions. If you are trying to create something similar share the document (doesn't need to be Cad) and I might be able to give some more specific advice.