Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

why is the release management so slow?

Answers

• Options
    Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited April 2023
    We are trying to implement the release management to our workflow. But why is it soo damn slow?? I have spent all day so far creating the release candidate. It is totally lagging and just jerking. This is a very unsatisfying state.

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 400 PRO
    Mmh, for me it is not slow at all  :D

I frequently need to release multiple drawings across various documents on Onshape. To speed up the process, I open up to five documents simultaneously and click on the 'Release' button in each tab. By the time I return to the first tab, it's usually finished loading, which significantly reduces my wait time.
  • Options
    adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    Following this thread.

Haven't experienced slow performance, but definitely feel we are due for some significant improvements. As we grow our implementation the entire Release Process just feel as an unfinished solution. 
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • Options
    René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    edited April 2023
    We were able to review the release process yesterday in another large project. There we had no problems with the speed.  In Axel's project, the release has been sent and the PC was left on overnight. This morning still nothing arrived at me. Feels like old CAD problems.

@sebastian_glanznerwe know you would sent us an GIF. haha =)

Could it be that it gets slower the more configurations are present ?
  • Options
    In my project, there are just a few parts and (sub-) assemblys but everyone with at least 25 configs. May the speed depends on the numbers of configs, like René said.
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Options
    fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    @Axel_Kollmenter @René_Sartorio Have you shared yet with Onshape support through "Contact support"?

• Options
    @fnxf no not yet
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter