Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Yet another Update Drawings question

Jose_MontalvoJose_Montalvo Member Posts: 12 EDU
Hello,
I am having some trouble being able to update a drawing and assembly.
I have not made any versions and I have tried to delete the drawing of "Top Bar" to remake it but the measurement doesn't seem to change. 

Below is the measurement I am after and the drawing that isn't updating.. 

Best Answer

• Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Your issue is that you are taking a measurement from an isometric view. Use the "Top" or "Bottom" view for this dimension.

Answers

Answer ✓
    Your issue is that you are taking a measurement from an isometric view. Use the "Top" or "Bottom" view for this dimension.
  • Jose_MontalvoJose_Montalvo Member Posts: 12 EDU
    Thank you. I didn't realize that measuring points would change depending on the view. 
    Maybe when we get MBD (model-based definition) this won't be an issue.