Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fillet problem

hoàng_long_trầnhoàng_long_trần Member Posts: 2
Hi, so I'm trying to fillet edge of two revolve (Revolve 1 and Revolve 2 or Surface 1 and Surface 2 - link below), but it seemed cannot detect any edges between them, beside of that, I tried Solidworks and it can detect it easily.
How to fix it? Is it just a feature that I need to do other more complex steps to let Onshape know that I want to "wake those edges" up? Urgh.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/568f44cf36795e94d0b46ac2/w/d9f52058d6b8c2d5710412ec/e/421e96d43f6aae18e0e42328

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,390 PRO
    edited April 2023
    Those are two separate parts. Regular fillets can't be created between two separate parts or surfaces. You need to make sure that you use "add" instead of "new" when you create some of your features and make them solid, not surfaces.