Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extrusion Error

kristian_cartwrightkristian_cartwright Member Posts: 2 EDU
I am trying to add a new feature to a part. It seems to be simple geometry to extrude. I have tried extruding the feature from different planes and drawing the part in both additive and subtractive methods but get the same error. The sketch below was drawn on the front face of the part and I tried to extrude the rectangle in front of the part adding it to the original part. I get this error. If you extrude the rectangle negative or toward the back of the front view it works fine. I would think that extruding from the front plane forward there shouldn't be anything to interfere with the extrusion. I have no issue drawing this in Fusion 360 so it makes me think I am missing some setting in OnShape but I am clueless as to what exactly this error is. It does work when you select Extrude 2 to "New" and draw it as a new part but it won't let me create this as one part. Any thoughts?

Comments