Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Variable Studio Drop Down Organization

Michael_UrsuliakMichael_Ursuliak Member Posts: 14
Hey all,

I like to use the variable studio a lot but i wish that there were some better options for organization.

For example, many times I have variable lists that contain height and width depth for a bunch of different features.

It would be wonderful for ease of exploration if we could group these variables together based on what they are relevant to. 

If i could create a drop menu in a variable studio and call it Gland. then i could put all variables related to it in the gland menu.

I think it would make variable modeling much more approachable to people who are just getting into a project that already exists.