Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Nearly reached my limit with Onshape

a_gorea_gore Member Posts: 11 PRO

Onshape has been getting slower and slower, maybe partly to do with my models getting more complex with configuration and the like I don't know but I don't do anything too clever or complex. I appreciate that the problem may not be with Onshape and that it could be my computer, browser, internet connection etc but if between Onshape and I we cannot resolve it Onshape is not a viable product for me and so far the cause remains a mystery.

Most of the time it can take me up to 10min to open a drawing, sometimes 20sec just to measure a line.

I find it annoying that Onshape come out with new features all the time but I have been waiting 7 months so far on a support ticket to fix a bug where I cannot delete an old configuration in an assembly otherwise the model won't generate, even though they are not assigned to anything. I now have loads of assemblies with config's that I don't want in them that I can't remove.

Anyway, rant over, I see many posts about people with speed issues but I have not come across any real fixes. I have tried different computers/devices and my internet speed is good. Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

Thanks
Pete
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Hi @peter_enderby. Sorry for the performance pain. Please open a support ticket. The speed of the service is not getting slower (actually, we really try to make it faster every release). Model complexity may be the cause or you may have run into something that we can improve. The support ticket is the way to figuring this out.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply John, I opened a ticket 16 days ago.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Improvements/fixes have now been made by the support team and the issue is getting better. I'll look at my configuration and see if I can make any changes with regards to what you've told me.