Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sweep around cylinder with triangle shape

YastanubYastanub Member Posts: 2
Hello Everyone,

i am trying to create a little maze puzzle box inspired by Makers Muse Clearance Castle.
I managed to create it pretty close to the original in Fusion360 but i reallydisliked the workflow which required to use sheet metal and unfolds to work since F360 doesnt have
a Wrap feature like Onshape.

F360 result:

Everything worked like a charm until it came to create the path with a sweep. I first tried just a ball as a nub but that was very cluncy and freed itself pretty easily.
Also i wanted to succeed in the challenge to create the same groove shape as MM.
Apparently Onshape has trouble doing 90° turns around the cylinder on the sweep while not using round shapes.

It works well in either one direction but not on the complete path with the turns

Now my question: Can this be done in onshape or do i need to use a different shape for my groove?

Example model:

Best Answers

Answers